Re: A83: I need help!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: I need help!!

>Hmm, I don't know your code from Alien Breed (in Basic right?) but
explain a
>little more about how you are deriving this pixel data?  Are the pixels
>generated randomly, how are they stored to the picture, how do you
recall
>them, what use does this 2x2 pixel data have to the game, etc...?  You
may
>find it easier to start over I guess, and store the data as numerical
values
>in an array of ".db" statements. You're familiar with those right?
Hmm, I'm
>just thinking that using the exact same method, but converting it to
ASM, is
>Not your best bet. Try to explain to us more what your Basic code does,
so We
>(the List [or maybe its just me who feels like helping]) can get a
better idea
>of whats going on, and improve your method. cya... =)
>
>--Jason K.

About my Alien Breed game. You requested more
information about how it works.
The data for the levels is stored in Pics 1-4.
There are different pixel combinations for
what is in the corresponding block. These
combos are stored in 2*2 blocks of pixels.
eg. a wall looks like this:

in the picture. The picture is made up of
many combos like this. The decompression
program goes through the picture
translating the combinations into number in
Matrix [A].
And yes, the program is in BASIC.
I might just have to reprogram the whole
game in ASM, which will take a while, as I
still don't know heaps.
I'll check out the tutorials I keep seeing
mentioned, and see if I can learn a bit from
them too. I DON'T know what the ".db"
statements are, well I can guess: Are they
just stored data?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanx.

James Vernon
jimbob_v@hotmail.com