A83: Program Help/External Programs/SOS Concepts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Program Help/External Programs/SOS Concepts.

There was this program I was making a while ago that was to look up external
files I created, list them in a nifty graphical menu, and run them, along with
some other features in this main menu, although I became discouraged from
working on this for a certain reason. The external programs were to be made up
of commands and not just data like most other "levels", but SOS is unable to
accomplish this since any external files (e.g. It's own Libraries) cannot use
Jumps and Calls, but only relative addressing... I recently came up with the
idea to look up the start of the external program with the Detect routine in
ZLIB, then Copy all of the data to the end of this main menu program that is
currently running, however I seem to recall that SOS cannot use _insertmem and
_delmem because of it's relocation abilities. Is that true, and can somebody
explain to me why, and possibly give some other ideas on how to accomplish
what I am doing? Thank you... =)
																--Jason K.