Re: A83:BASIC Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83:BASIC Question

You are a genius!  Ya know, I also found out that you can store strings
into list variables.  You can then recall them through use of errors by
adding the list to the list editor undetr the stat menu and choosing to
go to the error.  I have not yet found out how to display them through a
program however, though this could be a good way to store secret messages
to your friends.  Its pretty cool what you can do with some of the
loopholes in basic

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<+>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
       See ya,
       Mastermind

       http://www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5

On Fri, 05 Mar 1999 18:24:23 +0100 Linus Akesson <lairfight@softhome.net>
writes:

>On 04-Mar-99, Surth (_surth_@ameritech.net) wrote:
>
>>Is there any way to (inside of a program) take a string and save it
>as the
>>name of
>>a List for later reference?
>>I have tried simpily saving the string as L String 1   but this will
>not
>work,
>>further more the farthest I  have been able to save from a string is:
> String
>>1
>>--> Y1(being the first "Y" function / Variable).
>>If anyone out there could help me, please do........
>
>I was just about to tell you that NO WAY, this is ti-basic. But when
>thought about you storing Str1 to Y1 I got an idea... And as you
>know,
>impossible things ARE possible for a coder. =)
>
>Try this:
>
>"LNAME"->Str1
>"L"+Str1+"(X)"->Y1           ;the "L" is the list name prefix
>Disp Y1(2)                   ;use this to obtain element #2
>
>I don't know how to write to the list though.
>
>Linus
>
>                                                           \\//
>                                                          [o][O]
>.-->
>.-------mm--(__)--mm--------.
>| Linus Akesson                                |
>http://fly.to/linus.world |
> Note: No micro$oft programs were used in the creation of this
>message. If
> you are using a micro$oft program to view this message, BEWARE! I am
>NOT
> responsible for any harm you might encounter as a result.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]