Re: A83: On-calc ASM programming.. possible ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: On-calc ASM programming.. possible ?

Hmm.. this topic comes up once in a while.. It is time again I can see.. :)
First of all, i would never want to code anything (big atleast) oncalc..  would
take forever with that small screen and keyboard..
but, if people want it, I wouldn't dream of stopping it :)  I just want to
discurage you a bit.
First..  about that Basic-compiler. Probably not a good Idea..  The loss in size
would not correspod to that (tiny) increase in speed. If you didn't make a very
advanced compiler that never would be 100% basic compatible but used it own
routines instead of romcalls (even more loss of size)
And for OnCalc Assembler a'la Tasm. It would be perfectly possible..  the only
problem is that you have so little memory on the 83..  almost everything would
be occupied by the assembler and above all, your source..  and it it crashes
(and it will, your codeing here) you have to upload everything to the calc
again..  not very practical..
And that small screen.. huhh..  I want at least 50 rows when I code :) (more if
I can get)  if it is a large project at least..   but I would not want anything
large or important only stored on calc...

//Olle