Re: A83: (Unsquish) HEXtoASCII routine (Not checked)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: (Unsquish) HEXtoASCII routine (Not checked)

In a message dated 04-03-99 2:50:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oh@hem.passagen.se writes:

> I thought it was just morons who thought that the CPU (Central Processing
> Unit)
>  was that big box on their desk, that their monitor and keyboard and stuff
is
>  connected to, said CPU instead of Computer. :)
>
>  //Olle
>
>  Dsc984@aol.com wrote:
>  >
>  > >  "for CPU"???
>  > >
>  > >  Linus
>  > >
>  > I think you know this, but it's a strange way of saying "ComPUter".  Even
>  > though it's the same name for the chip (right?).
>  > -David

If you're in a hurry, would you rather type cpu or computer?  Cpu is even
shorter than comp.  Anyway, technically the letters "c", "p", and "u" are in
the word computer...
-David