Re: A83: HELP PLEASE!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: HELP PLEASE!!!!!

In a message dated 6/23/99 5:28:23 PM EST, compwiz-127@juno.com writes:

>  I was wondering If someone could help me right an asm  program that waits
>  for a letter to be pressed (A-Z, spaces and periods)  assign a number for
>  each letter (i.e. A=1 B=2 C=3 Z=26 (space)=27 . = 28) and put it into X
>  (i know this can be done something like xstor ro something) any one who
>  helps or at least trys to help will be in the credits
>

>  ohh p.s. its actually for a basic program that im making (I know it could
>  be done in basic but this will be faster and/or smaller)

I can Easily do this for you... =)  I've made a Character-Mapped Direct Input
Routine that's been sitting around for a while, and will eventually be used
in the Text Function of one of the TCPA's current projects, ImEd, an Image
Editor for the TI-83... I'll have it Include all the letters like you said,
and the Period and the Space, but do you want the Theta character, or any
other keys? Also, do you want this program Squished or Unsquished?  If its
Unsquished, it will be twice as big, but then you can simply do
"Send(9prgmGETCHAR)" in your basic program, but if its Squished, then that
means you'll have to also include ZASMLOAD on your calc for that program, I
dont know if you'd like that... Also, the program can either stop and wait
for a key to be pressed, or it can check and keep cycling through to your
Basic program, putting a '0' into X if no keys have been pressed... Many
options to choose from, but I am flexible, and am willing to make this for
you, Courtesy of the TCPA. =)  The faster I get your reply with the options
you want, the faster I can get your prog to you, cya...

Jason_K
TCPA Member
tcpa.calc.org