Re: A83: on-calc asm compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: on-calc asm compiler

I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the 83+..
There is really nothing that says that it should be a similar "bug" in the 83+,
just because it exists in the 89...
but yes.. it could be possible to have something in the flash.. hard and risky
work to patch around in the system code though.

//Olle

Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:

> Excuse the post I just sent before this, I accidentally sent to fast...
> anyways...
>
> Hey Olle, how about using your knowledge of the "bug" on the 89, and get
> something similar to work on the 83+ which has flash rom also? Then an
> on-calc assembler could be put into the flash rom which wont get deleted upon
> a crash. and the source files could be saved in there too maybe, which
> compile and output an 83p program on to the calc... I dunno,  its a wild idea
> but a possibility with the 83+'s.
>
> Jason_K
>
> In a message dated 6/16/99 4:07:34 PM EST, oh@hem.passagen.se writes:
>
> > yes it is.
> >  but:
> >
> >  1. small screen hard to get any good view of your code
> >
> >  2. no fun when you crash your program and loose your source code to.
> >     (and it _will_ crash)
> >
> >  and a lot of other things.. have no time write now..  but one of the
> biggest
> >  issues that makes it quite pointless is number 2. (the biggest maybe?)
> >
> >  //Olle

Follow-Ups: References: