Re: A83: a funky bug ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: a funky bug ...

In accordance with the prophecy, the homonerdicus uttered:

> This is the strangest thing I have ever seen....

> What might be causing it ?
> I'm not using anything special in the prog only
> op1, ix, iy, some romcalls .... nothing unusual

Saying "I'm just using op1, ix, iy, some romcalls" isn't particularly
helpful...

Calling this a "bug that may be useful if we can control it" isn't
particularly clever... (no off.)

Obviously you're trashing system memory somewhere. IIRC the every-other-pixel
cursor is used to indicate an out of memory error on the home screen, so if
you write a very long expression (filling all 32k of memory) on the home
screen, without even _thinking_ of writing asm programs, you might be able to
see that cursor anyway.

Linus

- --- Linus Akesson ------------------------ http://linusworld.cjb.net --- -

             If you can read this, please flip me back over...
                                 (seen upside down, on a Jeep)