Re: A83: Hays Games Co. Admits Defeat

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 05-Jul-99, you wrote:

> Not only did I send this post a year ago but I think you responding and
> telling me 'oww you can't divide by zero and I am so smart!' was stupid. If
> you study math in dept you will find out there are ways to divide by zero but
> it just gets to confusing.

> Albert

> << That'd be division by zero. And anyway, I think m$ can't go on forever...
> something will happen, perhaps already in november.

When you say "there are ways to divide by zero", I suppose you mean something
like lim x->0, and yes I know what that is, I know how to use it, but it
isn't dividing by zero! That's the whole point of having x go _towards_ zero
and not actually becoming it.

Now, I'm sorry if I replied "a year" after your original post, I've just
returned from my computer-free holiday, and for the benefit of the list I've
been reading all mails sent this far, so as not to accidentally write an
unnecessary mail that would waste valuable bandwidth and occupy several
kilobytes on our precious archive server, HOWEVER, since nobody had replied
to your mail, and since nobody had stated the points of view that I gave in
that mail, I'd say sending that mail was perfectly legal according to mailing
list rules and netiquette.

Your reply, though, might be considered Flame, which would be enough reason
to kick you off the list. Consider yourself lucky, mr Average Aol User, that
the rest of the list is more tolerant than you.

Linus
--
                                                           wwww
                                                          (o)(O)