Re: A83: Lower case letters

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Lower case letters

On 26-Jan-99, Jimmy Conner (timagic@yahoo.com) wrote:

>> hl would be loaded with the location of the string in the asm program
>> c would be loaded with 32

>> tolower:
>> ld a,(hl)
>> sub c
>> ld (hl),a
>> inc hl
>> ;determine if it's value is 0?
>> jr z,tolower
>> ret
>>

>   Someone needs to slap me around a bit because this simple little
>program seems to be kicking my ass.  I know what the problem is but I
>can't seem to fix it.  This program will manipulate Ans but not put
>what I want.  I know that it is doing this because it is adding to
>font equates...
>          65 = A, 97 = a
>But I don't think that is how it is supposed to work because it
>doesn't.  You can putc it to see what you storing and it displays "a".

That's because basic strings contain tokens and not plain characters. You
won't be able to Disp anything that you can't find in tokens.inc, period.

Linus

PS. so you'll have to make a prgmZASMDISP that will display str1 using _puts.

.--> ____
|    \OO/     -  -- --- ------ Linus Akesson -- http://fly.to/linus.world -.
                     Puns are bad, but poetry is verse.
                     --------> MrCookie v1.1 <---------