Re: A83: Quite + Ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Quite + Ideas

Lol, actually I get about 4-6 e-mails a day from newbies...:)  And more than
that over ICQ....*I AM* an FAQ.  Lol.

BASIC extensions are a great idea, imo...its the implementation that will be
hard.  I think we should take a cue from Joe, whereby you load a number into
theta (variable most people don't use too much) that corresponds to a
routine and run the ASM program which does its magic.  Thing is, its WHAT we
should include.  Hmm, small letters are a GREAT idea...but implementation
could be awkward.  Perhaps a tolower() function that takes a string and
returns the string in lower.  That way you could do:

    :"J"->Str2
    :"AMES"->Str1
    :1->X
    :Send(9prgmZSTRING
    :Str2+Str1->Str1
    :Disp Str1

And it'd output "James".  For the sprites...ok, matrix and lists would be
slooow.  I think probably the best way is to release a" BASIC Extension
dEvelopment Pack" (BEEP)...lol.  That has an ASM program that will create
the sprites.  Hmm, dunno where'd they'd go though...nah, actually this is a
bad idea.  But there must be a better way.  Perhaps do something like this:
    :{23,23,45,255,255,0,0,255}->L1
    :1->X:1->I
    :while i<=8
    :L1(I)->A
    :Send(9prgmZSPRITE
    :end

For an 8x8 sprite...thing is, telling the program WHICH sprite to blit would
then be a bitch. A proper menu extension like Linus wrote for ASM would be
good for basic.

My ideas...bye! :)

James.