Re: A83: Basic Extention Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Basic Extention Program

> Actually it wouldn't matter, because in the program you would define the
>  contents of the matrix/list.  Then afterwards that martirx/list would get
>  reset.  But I think that lists would be better.

That sounds like a good idea, to have the _Lists_ defined within the program,
because we dont want to have to lug around many of these lists in the Grouped
File, and when transmitting calc-to-calc, no one would know which lists are
necessary. So how about we have them defined within the program, and then the
programmer can make another call to our Applet program at the very end, in
which we wipe out the existing Lists from memory? would that be too
destructive and possibly delete some lists some people dont want deleted? hmm,
how about we avoid using L1-L6, and have the programmer create their own, and
intend for it not to be used outside the execution of that program, so we can
delete it, how about that? Then L1-L6 can be used for normal calculator use,
like in the Stat Plots 'n stuff... =P

>  What about the lower case letters?  I think that every basic programmer
> would appriciate that.
>  -David

There could be a certain function that has input for CurCol and CurRow, and
also one more for a specific ASCII character to print to the Homescreen, have
this for the Graph Screen as well, sounds good?  What about another function
to display a string of ASCII characters, once again using Lists, and allow for
those to be printed to the Home or Graph screens as well...?

I have already been working on a program like this, and have a function that
will turn off the calc mid program, and resume where it left off once the user
presses ON. I have found difficulty with this though, in the pressing of the
ON Key, the Basic Program also breaks from Execution. Is there a flag anywhere
that controls the ON Key Detection in Basic Programs...? That would be very
useful, thanks anybody... =)

--Jason K.