A83: problems with the 83+ ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: problems with the 83+ ?

I read on Ticalc that there is a new 83+ coming out.  I went to the TI web
page and saw some of the changes made to the 83.  I think asm programs for the
83 won't be compatible.  I read that all the keys will be in the same place
but two.  Won't this change the values asm programs check for when doing
input?  I think for sure it will change the direct input.  I don't know what
keys these are and if any games use them.  Another thing is that they have new
functions like a built in CBL and ways of dealing with this new memory (160k
archive).  This is based on the old ti-os but new features for these things
were added.  This probably moved around these rom calls we all use.  Maybe
only a couple bytes were added here and there in the rom but it will change
everything.  I know there is a 92 plus but adding a module seems a little
different than this.  I hope this won't happen but I guess we'll have to wait
and see.