Re: A83: Funny AOL Users! (Not really OT)

[Prev][Index][Thread]

On 27-Feb-99, Dsc984@aol.com (Dsc984@aol.com) wrote:

>In a message dated 27-02-99 5:39:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>lairfight@softhome.net writes:

>> Yup, and I wrote it myself (brag brag). =) Really, the idea is _old_ and
>>  there is actually a dedicated tcp/ip port for getting random fortune
>cookies
>>  (although noone uses it). My program just writes a header followed by a
>>  random fortune cookie from a big text file (where they are separated with
>>  lines containing only "%%") and then in my editor I have the F10 key
>> assigned
>>  to an arexx script (amiga rules!) that will run this program and stick its
>>  output into the editor.
>>

>Next question:  Where did you get the quotes?
>If you made them up then you have way too much time on your hands....
>-David

Well, as I said it's an old idea. A lot of people have random fortune cookies
in their signature, and the other lists I'm on are full with this kind of
people. I get 50-100 mails every day. Say that 70% of them end with a fortune
cookie; if it's good, I copy it to my own file.

Linus

                                                           \\//
                                                          [o][O]
| Linus Akesson                                | http://fly.to/linus.world |
       Earlier, I didn't have time to finish anything. This time I w