Re: A83: Buffer Draw Routines and a bit more--off subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Buffer Draw Routines and a bit more--off subject

In a message dated 2/23/99 11:10:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, AtmaZ@aol.com
writes:

<< 1.  I do, somehow.  Ironically, AOL kept on connecting at 12000 bps (!)
until
 I restarted my computer.  And then I got a 31200 bps connection...but then
AOL
 died after five minutes, forcing me to retype this whole message. Talk about
 crappy service...

Has any other unfortunate AOLer noticed that if you do get a connection over
30000 bps it will kick you off after 5 minutes. 28000 is the fastest i dare
take it.

 2.  Busy signals: See point one.

 3.  That 45 minute button: I wrote a little "anti-timer" program that seeks
 out the timer window and hits the OK button (wow, like that's hard to do :-)

That thing pisses me off, especially when I'm trying to download things longer
than 45 min. (like the FF8 opening movie, but that's a different list).

 4. Stupid people: I don't chat--at least not with the stupid people :-)

Wait there's a chat room without stupid people?

 Sorry for the off-subject post, this was just the easiest way to get things
 across.

 --David

 "We've spent over a half billion dollars to triple capacity.  And now with
 56k, connections are faster than ever!" >>