Re: A83: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Link Port

In a message dated 2/13/99 6:10:04 AM Central Standard Time,
_surth_@ameritech.net writes:

> I have a 2 user chat  program created by a friend in Ti-83 BASIC.....It is
>  ok.....I can ask him 4 it if u want??

and

In a message dated 2/13/99 9:53:26 AM Central Standard Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
writes:

> I think maybe he means for the program to be in Assembly, so that Basic
>  program program that probably only uses the link cable, and he also
mentions
>  radio transmission stuff, so it probably wont be that helpful. He does mean
>  for this to be an Assembly program, since this happens to be an Assembly
> list,
>  Right? =P
>
>  --Jason K.

Well, I've mostly written the program in Basic so far, but Basic really limits
me.  It can support about 4-6 people chatting, but it all depends on if it
receives the signal.  It would be really helpful if the Basic Send( ) command
transmitted calc to calc, but since it doesn't I'm stuck making the program
work with GetCalc( ).  Also, though, the program's sort of slow...  So I'm
interested in rewriting it in Assembly.  The radio frequency link works just
like the cable link, it's just long distance wireless. But I'll take a look at
the tetris source, that might help me out.

-Jared C.
http://come.to/tivault