Re: A83: learning asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: learning asm

Not that I wanna be regarded as the surly hermit, but reading James'
tutorials isn't the only way... I haven't even peeked at them (oh, well, I
might have - but then I didn't come anywhere near _reading_ them). From
knowing absolutely nil about Z80 assembly language a year ago, I looked
through the official z80 specs and the documentation from TI. Then I wrote my
first program, a menu-based program locker/unlocker, without a link cable
(thus I had to rewrite all of it whenever it crashed. =)).

I actually tried looking at the spaze invader source code once, but when I
saw how terribly it had been coded (sorry Hannes =)) I gave that up. The
disassembled version of zasmload was way better, though I later discovered
that I wouldn't have had to write my own buggy z80 disassembler just to look
at that one; TI had already released the source code. =)

</brag>

Besides, James' tutorials are nowadays written as a windoze 95 help file, if
I remember correctly. I mean - windoze 95! Who on earth is using windoze!?

Linus

                                                           \\//
                                                          [o][O]
| Linus Akesson                                | http://fly.to/linus.world |
   Hello, I'm not a .sig virus. Why don't you copy me into your own .sig?