Re: A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #621

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #621

> Where is the best place for me to begin learning this new code?  Are there
any
> great sites with documentation?

Dimension-TI is a good place to get material on Z80 assembly language
programming.   Some of the better resources include James Matthews' ASM83 Guru
help file and Ahmed El-Helw's ASM-83 Almanac (I think that's what it's
called...)
Also see if you can find a few books at a local library on general Z80
programming.

> Also, what programs are needed to write the ASM code? (compiler?)

Use either DOS EDIT or Windows Notepad (or some other text editor, it doesn't
really matter.)
TASM 3.01 is the most widespread program in use to compile; the two linkers
that I use (as I'm sure many others use) are Hannes Edfeldt's DevPac83 and
Florent Dhordain's OBJ83.  TASM and the linkers can be found at TICALC.ORG,
Dimension-TI, and The TI-Files.
And allthough this isn't a program, you'll need the TI Graph-Link (or an
equivelant link) to send code to your calculator.

> Once again, I know next to nothing about ASM - but I want to learn - so
please
> start simple.

Me too, and two months after starting to learn ASM, I still don't :)  It takes
a while, and it also slightly depends on how good your Boolean logic skills
are...once you get into optimization.

> Thank you - all replies are greatly appreciated!

Yup.

--David