Re: A83: BASIC-ASM Stuff. Was (Infrared and Radio Frequency Links)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 07-Feb-99, Jared173@aol.com (Jared173@aol.com) wrote:

>In a message dated 2/7/99 3:13:59 AM Central Standard Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
>writes:

>> Well, I had worked on this program earlier, and got a text inverse, screen
>>  inverse, and power off put in, but then I lost intrest... =P  You know, I
>> dont
>>  think a Run Indicator Off thing is very useful because right when you go
>> back
>>  to the Basic prog, im pretty sure it gets turned right back on... =P

>Actually, the run indicator stays on or off if you run it in the Basic
>program... How'd you get the calculator to turn off and then return to the
>Basic program?

>-Jared C.
>http://come.to/tivault

You'd turn the lcd driver off. Have a look at the off routine in the rom, it
starts at 7a3h in 1.07000. This is what I made out of it some (long) time ago:

romdump0.dis:
<snip>

Here comes the lowlevel OFF routine:

07a3: 97 sub   a
07a4: d3 out   (03h),a;lcd off, no timer interrupts, no on key
07a5: 03
07a6: 3e ld    a,01h
07a7: 01
07a8: d3 out   (03h),a;allow on key interrupt
07a9: 03
07aa: fb ei
07ab: 76 halt;wait for on key

When on is pressed, do the interrupt routine at 0038 (rst 38h)

<snap>

Hmm.. wouldn't you have to write something to the lcd ports aswell? Just a
thought.

Linus

                                                           \\//
                                                          [o][O]
| Linus Akesson                                | http://fly.to/linus.world |
          As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.