RE: A83: (no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: (no subject)

You know, the date 2000 and the millennium are so very arbitrary. I'd
say about 30-40% of the world says that the next millennium is no where
near now. By the Jewish calendar, it's 5060 or something, by some Muslim
calendar it's like 1200, and by some calendars it's not even the FIRST
millennium yet. It's all screwy. Anyway, 2000 is a leap year because
it's divisible by 400. This causes another computer problem, because
most people programming the computers didn't consider 2000 a leap year,
so there's another time for panic.

By the way, if the real millennium is 2001, and the millennium brings
armageddon, do you think god, or whatever will bring the end of earth,
will decide to do it a year earlier for effect? We'll see!

(no I don't actually think there will be armageddon.)

--
"What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur
The Heat Index   Nathang@firstva.com