A83: Help with roots and fractions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Help with roots and fractions...

Hey,
  This one is for some of you really advanced programmers.  I was wondering
how to convert decimal numbers to fractions.  The first example I have is .5,
this is easy because 1/.5 = 2 and 2 is the denominator.  I was wondering how
to do this with other numbers besides 1 as the numerator.  I know that you
may be wondering why I don't just use the _tofrac routine, but I want to be
able to convert .7071067812 to the square root of two divided by two.  The
first thing to do would be to find the denominator because I think I could
find the other part myself.  If you could help, I would appreciate anything.
You don't have to make into z80 asm code either.  PCode would be just fine.
Thanks.

Ted