Re: A83: RE: Greyscale (some more info...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: RE: Greyscale (some more info...)

In a message dated 8/15/99 9:55:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
Sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl writes:

> hi, me again...
>
>  forgot to tell you a few things:
>
>  * i've changed the filename form sgaylib to sgreylib, but didn't change
>  it in sgrydemo.asm
>  * to run, compile sgrtdemo, send to your calc and run send(9prgmSGRYDEMO
>  * it crashes your calc! (that's why i need some help ;)
>
>  grtx,
>  seb.

What kind of file is this that is attatched? Its not zip, and not even in
MIME format, so I am unable to figure out what it is, and read your source...

Well, I've tried Greyscale many times without much success, and let me tell
you that you are wasting your time. What do you think you can do that alot of
other people haven't tried yet?  It's not like there is some yet to be
discovered process to get flickerless 4-level greyscale on the 83, the LCD
Driver just plainly sucks, and is too slow. There ya go...

Although, it is possible to acheive greyscale in small quantities by manually
fliping sprites patterns constantly, thats the method im using in my project
now, as opposed to a grey scale engine which flips bitplanes through an
interrupt. Well, thats all. cya...

Jason_K
TCPA Member
tcpa.calc.org