A83: HAYS (be sure to read this one to the end)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: HAYS (be sure to read this one to the end)

To Hays Games Co. (limited :P)

Where'd you come up with such a strange name, anyways?  And if you were an
official company, who cares what we call it anyways?  We call Microsoft
Micro$oft and stuff (and usually the stuff after the $ is replaced by a
different three letter word)  If you really want that title, get a business
license under that name.  And go get a www.hays.com address, then we'll
believe you.  Then again, when you do that, we can sue you for stealing
people's ideas and stuff, so maybe you shouldn't do that.  Yeah, and maybe
then, the TI-83 will be under Hays's power.  (You'll be like Micro$oft; many
people hate it because they think they stole their ideas for OS's from
Apple.)  But even if you follow his worn out footsteps all you'll walk into
is more enemies, no new alliances.  It'll all be wasted effort.

I'd like to see you guys release some games made from any piece of software
that has been released WITHOUT source code...  Hmm, take for example...
Penguins?  Try and make an "Arctic Adventures" if you will.  And while
you're at it, you may as well make Hack-83 based on my Edit-82 (no source
available, it's the darned best hex editor you can find for the TI-82, I
would say); IF YOU CAN, GOOD LUCK...

Hmm, or maybe you guys CAN actually write some software from scratch.  I can
tell that you're rather making a game out of this whole copying business,
but i'm sure it's not much fun, as you're developing more and more fuss
rather than compliments.

If you DON'T know how to make a game, then learn.  In fact, learn an actual
programming language first (take QBASIC for example, available on your
Win95/98 CD)  Or go download DJGPP from http://www.delorie.com.  Make some
games, learn the concepts.  Then port those to TI-83.  I'm sure then that
the rest of the TI-83 community will appreciate your presence.  (Even if you
haven't made a good name for yourself up to this day)

There are numerous articles floating around on the net that allow you to
learn concepts and stuff about learning to program.  If you need one, here's
a good one:  http://www.gamedev.net (although it explains in C/C++, it'll be
good stuff to learn how to _MAKE_ a game, not how to copy one; something i'm
sure that you've never done before)

And mind you, the best piece of code you write comes from your own
carbon-based computer, not other people's source code that you can't even
comprehend.

Quote of the day:
"Doubt, belief, and disbelief have a strong influence on all abilities.
Someone who says, 'I just can't do math. It's too difficult. I was never any
good at it. I just can't do it,' is unlikely to learn anything more about
math, no matter how long someone tries to teach them. The belief creates an
experience, which supports it; the person believes that the ability is
impossible for them, and so it is...  Can't and won't don't make any
progress."

Same to you, Mike, but other people have done it, so it must be possible for
you.  Step it up!

-crashman

PS. If you're just trying to say that you were abused as a child or
something, then express it somewhere else like Clinton did :P

> Hardly matters, however.  It's only a matter of time until the Ti83
> community is under the Hays Games Company's power.  Time time is drawing
> near my fellow Ti83 owners.  Soon, the Hays Corporation will make it's
> mighty return to the home front.  With new alliances, and probably even
> newer enemies, which will all be crushed under our corporate
> fist.  Behold,
> the new upcoming release list for SOS Diffusion:
>
> Fella Bowling II: Bowlin' for Tepe!
> San Francisco V 2000
> NBA Hangtime 2000
> Major League Baseball 2000
> Atomic Tetris
> Duckhunt Silver
> Final Fantasy Adventures
> Messenger 2000
> Safe 2000
> naZi invaderZ
> Batman and Robin's MOM?
> Doorways '98 Software Emulator
>
> Keep in mind this is just the first release date, codenamed 'Back
> in Black'
> ready for the grand opening of our new Geocities account.
>
> Hail Hays
> Mike Smith
> Head Programmer

Follow-Ups: References: