RE: A83: Grbuf again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: Grbuf again

Hi!

Q1:
The LCDBusy is defined as:

#define         lcdbusy         delay-interrupt_start+$8484

so, the LCDbusy is an call to 'delay':

delay:  	push    af                      ; produce small delay
for lcd driver
	inc     hl
	dec     hl
	pop     af
	ret

But why a delay? because the TI's Z80 is faster than the LCD-driver: if
you don't include a delay, the LCD get's overloaded and starts
displaying junk (i think)...

So that's th delay thing...

Q2:
depends on what type of code... some code works the first time, somtimes
its a stupid bug and takes me 1 or just a few times to recompile and
sometimes it's an hard one and takes me a few hours to find out what's
wrong... and how to fix the bug...

Hope this helped!

grtx,

Sebastiaan Roodenburg