Re: A83: Resize a program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Resize a program...

Sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl writes:

> Hi!
>
>  I want to resize a file from within a program, for dynamicly memory
>  allocating.
>  To increse the filesize of an file with 20 bytes, i've wrote the
>  folowing code:
>
>  <snip>
>
>  When i run this program, the file 'TEST' gets 20 bytes larger, but not
>  the way i want it: it writes a new size-word 20 bytes before the start
>  and updates the vat, but the insertmem doesn't work: it just overlaps a
>  file/data before prgmTEST...
>
>  Can someone tell me what's wrong or help me with an working resizer????
>
>  Thanx for any help,
>
>  Sebastiaan Roodenburg
>  sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl

I have never worked with the _insertmem and _delmem commands, so I cant help
you there, but I may be able to provide an alternative. If all you need is
some extra Ram space, then you may just want to create an external program
with the desired size you want, and delete that prog later, instead of
messing with the size of your prog... Unless you are doing this to experiment
and learn how to resize a prog, I wouldnt know how to do that, I dont see
myself ever using such a concept though, possibly writing an oncalc assembler
that has to resize the source prog constantly, but we'll see later... Sorry I
couldnt be more of help... cya.

Jason_K