Re: A83: blackjack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: blackjack

> I have a copy of blackjack on my calc (for a-shell, but works well in SOS).

> I found a way to get over $65000.  First you start a new game, and bet all $
> 100.  Then keep hitting untill you bust.  DON'T PRESS DEAL, press quit.
Hit
> play again (It will say you have no money, but you can bet $10).  Hit
untill
> you bust.  Quit and play again (don't exit the program).  When you start
> again, you will have over $65000, have fun.  I found this out when I was in
> math class.  I wanted to start a new game after I busted, and busted again.

> I was surprised to see the amount of money I had gotten.  Is this supposed
> happen?
>
>  Michael Weckesser

Nope, not spose to happen, it just must be a bug due to bad coding...  j/k,
thats Harper Maddox's game isnt it? Its an awesome game, just a lack to do
some error checking at one point, and when you lost money as you were at 0,
it became a negative number that wrapped around in a two's compliment which
caused for that 16 bit var holding your score, to become about 65530 or
something close to there. Well thats good for you then, i guess, you get more
money in the game... =P

Jason_K