Re: A83: Re: What is the best TI-83 assembly OS?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: What is the best TI-83 assembly OS?

I agree SOS is the best...  Its very small and runs just about
everything... Well, BASIC programs that start with a :  and all ASHELL
and SOS programs...  The maker Joe created a masterpiece :)  Although if
he got his 83 reciently and has ROM version 1.10 then 90% of the assembly
games won't run... Well they will look garbled...  Which really makes me
mad... TI fixed something that wasn't broken... Which in this case was
the processor... In the new 83's its a Z180 processor which screws up
assembly programs made in Z80... One of the only ones that run are Bill
Nagels version of Tetris, Galaxian 1.3,  Joltima, and a few other
games... No games with scrolling work on ROM version 1.10...  So don't be
suprised if people who bought new 83's join this list and start asking
why the games look messed up...
(KSA)Tekken

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:28:27 -0400 "Dan E" <jfsmi@geocities.com> writes:

>Sos = runs just about everything and is very stable
>
>-Dan
>

>> i don't have a ti-83, but i was asked by a friend at school to find
>him
>some
>> good programs for the 83 (everyone else has an 82, so i've only
>been
>looking
>> for 82 stuff..) anyway--if someone could point me towards a good OS
>(there
>> seem to be so many)...and please, don't recommend your own
>product....
>> anyway--i'm looking for one that has a lot of good game support and
>is
>> relatively (if not completely) stable.
>>
>> thank you,
>> SinMostaza@aol.com
>>

|  /    __        /\             Kick

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]