Re: A83: Platforms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Platforms

>The bottom line is, if you like SOS, use it. If you don't, then don't use
it.
>I've discovered that most people have wildly different opinions on this
list so
>it isn't beneficial to ask something of that nature.

Sorry!

To be honest, i thought the responce i would get would be along the lines
off: Yeh, we all use SoS these days.

I wasent really making a technical comparision, i was just trying to see if
a standard had formed round SoS.

Its odd, though i like SoS from a users point of view (nice description
bit -clear easy interface) its a nusiance when it comes to development.
Not because of its technical side, but because it is anouther shell, with
very noticible support.

A single format would be great, wouldent it?

Just like windows and microsoft. (which is the other side. Who wants a
pants single format?)

If only TI had used their weight early on and produced a proper loader
(none of this two-byte bytes sillyness).....

Anyway, it was beneficial to me...I guess to allow the 'general pubic'
propper access to games, we can't ignore any format. Including Zasmload.

So, on a personal note, i will use SoS for development, testing and
debuging.
My games (being small and Boxey;) do not do anything fancy (well, ill remove
the score write back in Mousey) thus (i think) they work on both SoS and
Zasmload.
Ok, a few bytes will be wasted for the 'description'  tag in Zasmload,
but...its worth it. One program, which works on the two main loaders/shells.

>SOS does allow dynamic memory allocation--just create another program!

I thought the same...
Achually, i thought this was the only method. Whats the other one?

>Anyway, SOS's inability to support certain ROM calls isn't exactly a bug
and it
>cannot be avoided in a sensible manner [chop]

Er, thats a new one. Which Rom calls...? I dont remember seeing any mention
on the 'developer faq'. My games seem to work - so i dont think it affects
me?

rock on,

Bill J Ellis
Bill James Ellis