Re: A83: TI and their Calc OSs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: TI and their Calc OSs

Give it up man. Let TI make theirown OS'es.  it's a graphing calculator,
not a palmtop.  I think TI does a great job anyway.  Let's see what else?
 I can think of a HUGE problem right now.  If everyone made their own
ROM's, there would be no standard ROM calls.

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:45:25 -0500 "Miles Raymond" <m_rayman@bigfoot.com>
writes:
>If they released info and a few test calcs to the ticalc.org
>community, a better, more efficient OS could be made.  I still think
>that TI would have to write the actual math functions.  But at least
>the people will have a say in what how the OS in ROM interacts with
>the user, such as Philip Gossling's WinCE 86 shell/OS.  If would
>release a way to call all of their math-related functions from an OS,
>and store the OS on a Flash BIOS, the user could have the OS of their
>choice.  The WinCE 86 would be an excellent OS, because of it's
>scalability.  The user could dump as many OS 'features' as is his
>desire into the Flash BIOS.  Or,  on the other hand, add as many TI
>math functions to the Flash BIOS as is his content.  This would lead
>to diversity.  Competition breeds quality.
>
>-Miles Raymond

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]