A83: Re: Re: RASM - pending release (David =)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Re: RASM - pending release (David =)

> I can't say how good your program is, but it would have to be VERY good to
> come close to Assembly Studio 86 v3.0a with Calc Explorer for the 86.
> Assembly Studio is a full editor/assembler, with a sprite editor, code
> timer/counter for a selected block of code, full help file including all of
> the z80 commands, 86 system information, and about 40-50 rom calls fully
> documented.  The Calc Explorer lets you view all the variables on your calc
> as a normal Win95/98 directory, giving a much nicer interface than the one
> built into the graphlink software.  It also sets up the file types so that
> the default action for any 86 file is to send it to the calc.  While looking
> at a directory, just click on .86p file and a calc explorer pops up and
> sends it to your calc.  It is also integrated into assembly studio so you
> can have it assemble the program and automatically send it to the calc.
>
> Ok, enough talk about it, because this is an 83 list.  Assembly Studio is as
> professional as any compiler/assembler you'd buy from a company such as
> Borland or Microsoft.  And it probably has better online help.  Calc
> Explorer is at least 10 times better than TI's own Graphlink Software.  I'm
> surprise TI hasn't offered to buy it from the author.  But here's the point:
> IT IS 100% FREE!

Oooooh my god, that sounds amazing.  We need something like that, perhaps we can persuade some of the better Windows 95
programmers (I do a little, and give me a year I could make something like this) but perhaps we could ask David Erikkson...our
resident Win95 genius :)

Later,

James.