Re: A83: ZASMLOAD...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ZASMLOAD...

On 20-Oct-98, yean yean wrote:

>Hello everybody

>I'm beginning to learn 83asm, and that's cooool!!!
>I have a question... maybie stupid for you guys????!
>What's "ZAMSLOAD" for and how can I use it? (if I need it)

Normally, when you write asm programs, you write them as hexadecimal digits
into the program editor. Then when they're loaded, every pair of digits forms
1 byte. This makes the programs twice as big as they could have been.

But if you store the asm program into a program file as plain binary code
(not possible on-calc, but you can do it on the computer and send it over the
link port) you can't Send(9 the stuff. However, you could have a small
program written as hexadecimal digits, which runs a larger program stored as
binary data (for example ZSPZA in spaze invaders). You could then make this
"loader" work with more than one particular program. One idea would be
specifying the name of the binary program in one of the string variables, or
in Ans, and then Send(9'ing the loader.

And voilą: ZASMLOAD.

Linus