Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

Don't bother sending messages with no information.   ANd please don't
state oppinions about whose computer is better, you might start a war

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:56:53 -0800 Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
writes:

>>> 3. Download the programs you want to send to your
>>>    calc and uncompress them, and change their file
>>>    type and creater codes to 83P, TI83 using Resedit.
>>
>>ResEdit's the only way to go!
>
>Typer is much better.  You make a drag and dropp app just for 83
>progs.
>
>>> 4. Plug the serial end of the modem cable into either the
>>>    printer port or the modem port, and plug the 25 pin end
>>>    of the Graphlink cable into the other end of the modem cable.
>>>    Make sure no other applications are using the serial port you
>>>    chose.
>>
>>Only one port on my Duo
>
>yeah, but if you have new system software your computer emulates two
>ports.
>You only have one physical port though.  :)
>
>>> 5. Open the Graphlink software, and check File:Preferences
>>>    to make sure that the serial port you chose is selected.
>
>You can't select anything other than the serial port.  :)
>
>>> 6. Turn on the TI-83 and plug the Graphlink cable into it.
>>> 7. Choose Link:Send to make the sending dialogue box appear.
>>> 8. Find the files you want to send in the left list, select
>>>    them, and click Add.
>>> 9. Click Send, (or Done - I can't remember which it is :)
>>> 10. Click Close
>>
>>It flies through the sending procedure and fills up the bar, but
>nothing
>>shows up on the calc! (Older unsquished progs do work, though)
>>
>>> PS Don't open squished progs in the Graphlink software. It
>>> gives my computer fits.
>>
>>It pops up in Macsbug with an error #25, most of the time I just do
>an
>>"es" to force quit. Then I use CommCloser to close the serial port
>that
>>was left jammed open and restart the app, sometimes the entire
>system
>>freezes!
>
>Atleast its not a NT or 98.  :)  It would crash on its own.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]