Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

Comments Inside...  Jason K. =)

In a message dated 10/16/98 7:30:51 PM, ndunklee@mail.davison.k12.mi.us
writes:

>Dustin Graham wrote:
>
>> OK, here's how I use the Graphlink on my Macintosh, and
>> I've never had any problems:
>>
>> 1. Get the TI Graphlink cable and get a Mac
>>    modem cable.
>
>Why not use the cable adaptor that comes with the GraphLink?

Well, if he bought the CableOnly Package like I did (which is about 15 bucks
cheaper), then it doesnt come with the needed adapters, and you can just get
the right one at a store somewhere...

>>    Make sure to put the TI-83 font in the system folder!
>
>That's not too important

Yup, its not really... Only if you'd use that font in your word processor, or
something, but why not install that font file? Its there... =P

>> 3. Download the programs you want to send to your
>>    calc and uncompress them, and change their file
>>    type and creater codes to 83P, TI83 using Resedit.
>
>ResEdit's the only way to go!

Ok, is that an Opinion because TIAutoType IS out there...?  And I think its
MUCH easier to use... Maybe theres a different version of it than the one I
have, since I have a Power Mac, but mine is a Drag 'n Drop program, so it is
Very simple (which would be My opinion, if ya wanna know... =P )

>> 4. Plug the serial end of the modem cable into either the
>>    printer port or the modem port, and plug the 25 pin end
>>    of the Graphlink cable into the other end of the modem cable.
>>    Make sure no other applications are using the serial port you
>>    chose.
>
>Only one port on my Duo

Ok, well thats Your computer... :)

>> 5. Open the Graphlink software, and check File:Preferences
>>    to make sure that the serial port you chose is selected.
>
>Modem Port (for Modem/Printer Port on Duos)
>
>> 6. Turn on the TI-83 and plug the Graphlink cable into it.
>> 7. Choose Link:Send to make the sending dialogue box appear.
>> 8. Find the files you want to send in the left list, select
>>    them, and click Add.
>> 9. Click Send, (or Done - I can't remember which it is :)
>> 10. Click Close
>
>It flies through the sending procedure and fills up the bar, but nothing
>shows up on the calc! (Older unsquished progs do work, though)

Hmm, Im not sure about this one. Everything works just fine for me. Ive never
experienced that, so you may have to consult TI Themselves... ;)