A83: Macintosh Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Macintosh Graphlink

OK, here's how I use the Graphlink on my Macintosh, and
I've never had any problems:

1. Get the TI Graphlink cable and get a Mac
   modem cable.
2. Download the TI Graphlink(83) software from
   http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/link83.htm and
   uncompress it.
   Make sure to put the TI-83 font in the system folder!
3. Download the programs you want to send to your
   calc and uncompress them, and change their file
   type and creater codes to 83P, TI83 using Resedit.

(you've probably already done all that, but just in case...)

4. Plug the serial end of the modem cable into either the
   printer port or the modem port, and plug the 25 pin end
   of the Graphlink cable into the other end of the modem cable.
   Make sure no other applications are using the serial port you
   chose.
5. Open the Graphlink software, and check File:Preferences
   to make sure that the serial port you chose is selected.
6. Turn on the TI-83 and plug the Graphlink cable into it.
7. Choose Link:Send to make the sending dialogue box appear.
8. Find the files you want to send in the left list, select
   them, and click Add.
9. Click Send, (or Done - I can't remember which it is :)
10. Click Close

Whew!
That should have worked. If you are still having problems,
get back with me.

~Dustin Graham

PS Don't open squished progs in the Graphlink software. It
gives my computer fits.