Re: A83: Odd Question (Sorta OT...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Odd Question (Sorta OT...)

In a message dated 10/13/98 8:06:36 PM, ndunklee@mail.davison.k12.mi.us
writes:

>I commented a few messages back about not being able to get progs to my
>calc right (on my Mac) The grouping tip worked, but I get a -30 file
>error. (Which isn't really important, but if anybody knoew these error
>codes for the Mac GraphLink...) On some progs that I do get onto my
>calc, some have installers.
>1. what's the point?
>2. does the ROM Rev have anything to do with it? (I have 1.02 and when I
>run the installer for any prog it shows a partial screen with garbage on
>it and I have to pull the batteries)
>3. Why are they used and what do they do? (I've missed any discussion
>about that in the past...)
>
>Thanks,
>Nick

Hmm, Im not real sure what your trying to say, but your using the word
'Installer' and I know that in many of the SOS programs, people include the
program called 'Install' into their Grouped file because it is necessary to
run that program under SOS. The point of the Install program is to move all of
the SOS libraries or I think just any program beginning with 'Z' to the end of
the program table, so the libraries can be used correctly. They are all
identical though, and delete itself after the first use... Am I completely
going in the wrong direction and telling ya something you already know...?  Im
not sure what you mean then. Lets see, you have ROM version 1.02? Will this
run SOS in the first place?  Well, describe a little more where your actually
having trouble...
																--Jason K.