Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

>Yes, I know how to rename a program. But sos assumes that the program is
>called prgmA, and THAT's the problem. The name A is NOT good as it'll
appear
>first in the prgm menu. What if a user writes a program that s/he wants to
>have first in the prgm menu? With sos on the calculator that would be
>impossible.

SOS could care less what the name of the program is unless you're going to
be running basic programs through it! If prgmA doesn't exist, it simply
exits when you try to execute a basic program, no harm done!
I never have the situation you suggest. I guess it could happen, but I wrote
SOS to do what I wanted it to do, not this "user" you keep mentioning.

>And I think sos/ashell should have a mechanism that depends on the User
>choosing which programs should be displayed in the menu. There's really no
>reason for not doing this, except perhaps that the shell coder is extremely
>lazy, but that's not the case, is it?

There is a reason for doing this, I think it's useless and it would take up
memory. So guess what, I'm not going to do it!

Joe Wingbermuehle
http://www.usmo.com/~joewing/