Re: A83: libraries (no offense intended to Phelan or Joe here)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: libraries (no offense intended to Phelan or Joe here)

I have thought of that before, but this would bring up the problem that
we've been talking about, not knowing what libs to send with what progs.
i for one like the library situation right now, though I don't
particularily like ZIpnt, I'll live.  Also, the libs would take up more
memory because each routine would have its own symbol table entry, so
that could add a whopping 11 bytes.  Then if you add the 2 program size
data, each routine could add up to 13 bytes each!!!  Oh my!!!

>What if zlib was broken down into several smaller libs one vector
>each.  Only
>the routines needed would be on the calc.  I know that would mean
>reprogramming almost all SOS games but it wouldn't be hard and it
>would be
>worth it.  I know I would change my games.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]