Re: A83: Re: Productive Progs: Printing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Productive Progs: Printing

When I was in high school, I usually waited until the last minute to write
my essay for second period english.  Consequently, I'd have to find some way
to write it during first period (since that's truly waiting until the last
minute).  What I'd do is borrow my friend's laptop (he always brought it to
class) and type it up during class.  Then, I'd run to the library during
passing period with a disk and print out my essay.  There's no way in the
world I could have written the essay AND printed during passing period.  I
had to write the paper during first period.  Most of us don't have a laptop
or even have friends w/ laptops (or friends that would actually bring their
laptops to school).  So, in this particular case, you *wouldn't* want to use
the PC software equivalent (ex: windows wordpad) since you'd only have
access to that during passing period, which isn't enough time to write a
whole paper.

Building a printer would be fun, yes, but I was trying to explain a use for
typing up the paper on the calc and then printing on a nearby computer.

-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]