A83: Would it be rational...?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Would it be rational...?

I dont't knof if any of ya'll are familiar with ray caster 3D engines, but
I was wondering if it would be a rational, good, POSSIBLE idea to make one
on the 83.  I started one, but the lookup tables themselves took up all
the calc's mem, plus some.  Any ideas?  I think this would be the one,
worth-wile game to try on the TI.  If it's possible, and we make one, then
ANYTHING can be made...  I know that without all the lookup tables, taking
advantage of the speed of ASM would be almost impossible because of all
the calls to the math funcs like sin, cos, tan, *, etc...

Well, it's still an idea, and if anyone can throw in their two cents (4,
cents, 25 cents, couple bucks, whatever), and if ya'll think it'll be
worth it, then tell me/post it under A83 Ray (or the like), and I'll
devote all my summer to working on it...
(or somebody else could, it doesn't matter...)

		-Dimitri