Re: A83: networked calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: networked calcs

Linking several ti:s wouldn't be THAT difficult, theoretically.  Think about
it this way:  You have a computer, with three links to three calculators.
You rewrite the linking program on your computer, so that whenever the
variable A is sent, the computer looks in it.  The number that was in A
should be either 1, 2 or 3.  Now all the following data from the calculator
that sent its A, will be forwarded from the computer to the calculator with
the number 1, 2 or 3 respectively.  This is a somewhat stupid network
protocol, but it'd probably work.  Now all you have to do is build a small
network hub (around a z80 with a flashrom or something) with three link
ports, that will handle this.

Linus

On 14-Jun-96, Olle Hedman wrote:

>At 12:30 1998-06-14 PDT, you wrote:
>>
>>Is it possible, if you splice som ti-ti cables, to link more than just
>>two calcs together? I mean, since the calculators has two data lines in
>>the port you could connect each line to different calcs.
>>-Anders

>interesting idea!

>it should be quite possible!
>a standard ethernet is infact just one wire and ground..
>but you should be able to bild a simpler protocol with two wire's and
ground..

>infact there already is lots of protocols... would be interesting if
>someone implemented them on a ti-calc!

>//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: