A83: Weird LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Weird LCD stuff

Wooooooow! Take a look at this, guys:

ld    a,1Fh
out   (10h),a
ret

(machine code: 3E1FD310C9)

This piece of code will draw a blue line across your lcd, which will then seem
to be broken. But it isn't: Remove your batteries INCLUDING YOUR BACKUP
BATTERY for a short while. (Personally, I never have my backup battery
inserted, and for this trick I only remove the two outermost batteries.) Press
On and re-insert the batteries (as mentioned, not necessarily the backup
battery). Press On. YOUR MEMORY WILL BE INTACT AND YOU WILL BE BACK WHERE YOU
LEFT!!!

No guarantees though, and it might not be good for the calculator, but I've
done it a few times now and it works. Actually it works with any command in
the range 1c-1f. Capacitor trick?

Linus

PS. I haven't got the complete reference for the lcd driver, could anyone make
a small text file out of that 1M acrobat file?