Re: A83: ideas and stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ideas and stuff

  I have no idea why you are so upset.  If a assembler just assembles,
and a compiler, compiles then assembles, then I have no idea what to
call my "compiler" because it assembles then compiles (backwards from
TASM).  It mainly uses word to byte except that it uses all the
equations involved to shorten the program.

   Also if you want to see something simple at first then upgrade, why
not just start with something already halfway good and then try to
make it better?

Jimmy

>Robert Caldwell wrote:
>
>Now I'm getting kind of ticked...just a little.  I >specifically said
>"assembler" not compiler, there's a difference.  An >assembler I
always
>thought of was something that changes word to byte, >word to byte, and
>it
>was always 1 to 1 direct translation.  Compiling is >something that
>stores all labels and crap first, then starts to >assemble.  I wanted
>see something simple as an assembler at first, then >later have it
>upgraded to a compiler, and maybe even a translator.

==