Re: A83: lists

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: lists

At 22:35 1998-07-22 -0700, you wrote:

>Ok, I'm making a program in which I have to scroll A LOT of strings. I
>thought of loading them into a list and then scrolling the list. Is this
>possible and how. Oh, and one more thing, this is on the graph screen.

If you're going to scroll A LOT..   then do _not_ use any system-stuff..
because system-stuff is generally very slow..  everything the system does,
you can do by your self, and do it faster...
that's the beauty of asm :)

question here..  are you going to scroll _in_ the string or _between_ the
strings?
if in..  the best thing is just to save your string in some position..  like

string .db "This is the string"

and then save a pointer into the string..  and when you want to scroll the
string, you just increment or decrement is pointer..

//Olle