A83: ROM Dumps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: ROM Dumps

>What is a ROM dump and why would you do it?  I have a TI-83, but I can't
=

You'd use it to make an emulator or to find undocumented features, etc.
for ASM programming.

>find out how to check the ROM version from my manual.  What is the =
>latest ROM version for the TI-83?

[Mode][Alpha][S]  Then, DON'T HIT ENTER or it will start a self test and
erase your calc. Hit [Clear] or something. I think that the latest is
1.07, but I could be wrong.

>                                   After a ROM dump, do you replace it =
>with a newer version, or has someone written their own ROM that is =
>better that the latest from TI?

No, ROM is Read-Only-Memory so you can't "replace" it per se.  You could
build and encode your own ROM chips and solder them in, but that'd be a
real bitch to do so it's not feasible.

Chris Roddy - tapeworm7337@juno.com / chris.roddy@winserver.com
<FC>v1.2 s=r=d TW 0/0/FD 0.5- 0 WYWH 6 25</FC> 28% 11/11/97