Re: A83: Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Help

True, for every scenario you thought of you found a solution, but...for the "dedicated" hacker, there is always a way. There is always a way around any possible protection scheme, no matter how elaborate! I really wouldn't want a system with such limited access, anyways.It's like buying a toaster that only lets you put toast in and never pops it out, and you can only make toast on thursdays, unless there is a full moon, of course. Here's a thought, if you really want the system to be read-only, dish out the apps on ROM cards! ;-)

More later,
Nick

Robert Caldwell wrote:

this seems like a good response, but not correct.  the system i propose
will contain an OS that only enables itself the ability to delete or
rearrange file.  this means that you have to have a password to use the
deletion tool, and you also cannot at all costs use the HardDrive like
the RAM (meaning no more looking up FATs or actually byte allocations in
memory).  this does bring down a lot of possible programs, but i haven't
seen a great game yet that needs to delete files on the harddrive.  i
know saved games need to be cleaned out once in awhile, but that's why i
am putting a password protection on it, maybe i'll make a "deletable"
file attribute that will allow that file to be deleted without
confirmation.  virii were made by huge corporations in the first place
in order for them to clean out their harddrive (deltree c:\*.* /y is
usually used).  this isn't a hightech virus but it still gets the job
done.  now the ability to delete massive amounts of files is gone (if
the computer i propose is built).  since you can't send commands out of
the cpu like an OUT statement (unless you have priveladge of 0 which you
can't since that'll be my system only).

this may sound stupid now, but until you see it you can't dis it
(patience--spelling?).  for every hacker/cracker/virii scenario i came
up with, i've also come up with a way to stop it.

i can't say much more until i actually build the system and show you,
but please feel free to criticize somemore.

-Rob
ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com
e-mail2:rc_ware@yahoo.com
e-mail3:rc_ware@geocities.com
webpage:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4049/index.html

{{virii and hacking is ALWAYS possible no matter how tight you think
your
system is. if you want ppl to buy your system you gotta make it able to
do
stuff, that would bring down the security so you will most definately
have
virii and hacking done on your system.

>5)  anti-virii--the program will contain levels built in, the
>multi-tasking system is built in also (windows isn't the built in
>feature).  this means that if a file starts deleting or messing with
>other files it will contact you about it and ask for a key confirmation
>that you are positive you want the files messed with.  if you delete a
>file, it is usually sent to the "recycling bin" but now its' name is
>stored in a "temp" file where you can "empty your recycling bin" and
>it'll ask you for confirmation.  this is the only way you can delete
>files.  and for the case of saving over a file, it's simple, the
program
>can't have a file open without it having a header file saying that that
>file is used by the program.  (technical jargon)...just say that it
>works, i've done some testing (trying to write virii in my mind) and
>came up with deadend results (meaning the virii didn't work).
>6)  unhackable--the cpu is unhackable, the privaledge (spelling?)
levels