Re: A83: Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Help

actually, emulation doesn't always work out that well.  I have an 86 and it
does emulate many 85 programs and _some_ 82 programs (there aren't much
anyway).  First of all, there are many 85 programs that DO NOT work.  Second,
the programs that do work don't always work as they are supposed to and often
don't run as well as on the 85.  Additionally, you really couldn't emulate 86
on an 83, mostly because the screen of the 86 is bigger, and also because the
way things are drawn are not compatible between the calculators.  Emulation is
fine for some things, but the best thing to do if you REALLY want to play a
game is to port it, as others have suggested.

David Via