Re: A83: Interrutps...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Interrutps...

At 10:03 PM 11/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Would it be possible to leave the calc in IM2 at the end of program
>execution (calling the regular interupt at the end of the routine) in
>order to create a kind of TSR?

Yes, you could do that, the problem is in finding a very safe area in which
to store your routine and interrupt table.  Usually they are stored in some
part of system ram that could be overwritten during normal calulator
operation, but is left alone while an asm program is running (provided the
program does not use it)  This is trouble because if either piece of memory
is modified in any way after the program is done and control is returned to
the normal calculator OS, your calculator will crash.  If you were to find
some safe memory areas that are never used, then this would be possible,
but I doubt very much the existance of such pieces of memory.

	-Andrew