Re: A83: PAusing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: PAusing

At 05:28 PM 11/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm having trouble making a program wait for some time.  I can do getkey
>loops just fine, but I want a routine that will just make a program pause
>for a bit and then continue, no getkeys or anything.  Any suggestions?

The 'halt' instruction might serve you well, it pauses for approximately
1/200th of a second provided interrupts are not disabled, so it is quite
easy to set up a djnz loop that will delay for a fairly consistent amount
of time. 'nop' might also be of use should you only want to pause for very
short periods of time.

	-Andrew