[A82] Re: New shell for the TI82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: New shell for the TI82

> And there's no publicly available .inc file yet.

It's a beta and we have not decided how all parts of the shell is going to
look, so while it would be possible make special header file it would only
work for the beta, and not the final version. When we have had the chance to
work a bit more on the shell we will release a header file.

> The .org, new romcalls, and list of new shell features (at 3000
> bytes it's
> got to have new features... right?) would be really helpful if I
> wanted to
> port any games to it...

Once we are sure what .org addr and header we will use, and have decided
which ROM calls and new features to include we will make that public.

> The shell seems to work fine with the included programs.  Sorta pointless
> without the beta .INC file.

Both CrashMan and I have been getting quite a few emails from people who are
asking for a shell that support 19.006, so one reason for releasing this
version is to let these people now that we are working on it. Besides that
neither of us has a 19.006 calc, so we need to know that the stuff we are
doing works (Beta 2 fixes a bug in Beta which was caused by a problem with
the new ROM version).

> Every program seems to begin with $D5,$00,$A0

What header the shell is going to use has not been decided, so this might
change.

> I think 3000 is too heavy unless there are LOTS of program
> routines built in to the shell.

The shell does include som new functions, and it is going to be bigger than
Ash/CrASH, but remeber that this is un unoptimized beta, not a final
release.

Dines