[A82] Re: writeback?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: writeback?

Oh, sorry, that was exactly the thing I ment to say...

So, ASH and CrASH relocate the program-variable just like Rigel (Ti85) and
Venus (Ti83) do?

If so, whats then the 'fix' that's needed for GET_KEY?
You know, the Cr_KEYHAND call. I thought that call did move the
program-data from $9104 back into the programs variable, call GET_KEY, and
then move the data back to $9104 and return the key that was pressed...
(else the TIOS would crash if you pressed [2nd]+[On])

Another question: Is there already found a romcall like _chkfindsym? Or do
you have to do things by hand?

	Henk Poley

> Van: Kouri <Kouri@ucdavis.edu>
>
> None of the 82 shells deal with writeback because they do not make a copy
of
> the current running program.
> Ash and CrASH will both relocate a program to address $9104 and then run
the
> program from there. Any modifications to the program's code or data will
be
> permanent.

Ion/Sos